Sunday, March 23, 2008

What was on his mind?

Yesterday the kids dyed Eggs and fixed their Easter baskets.Today we went to church and afterwards,I turned to my 3 youngest Melia 6,Maliq 4and Malachi 3 and told them when they got home they could get their baskets and eat the chips and juice that was inside.Melia looked at me and said I don't have any chips.I questioned her as to what happened to them.She then informed me that Justin her 11 year old brother had made a trade with her.I knew something was fishy about the trade before even asking what she got in return.I said o.k. what did you trade your bag of flaming hots for and she happily said" An easter egg". Needless to say,I was very disappointed that her brother played on her innocence and made a bogus trade like that.How is he gonna trade her an Easter egg that I boiled and should've been in her basket in the first place.I just shook my head and waited for mr. negotiator to walk home from church .When he got in he sat on the couch,I asked him why he made A trade like that.He burst out in laughter which let me know he knew he was wrong.I asked him how he planned on fixing it and he planned on apologizing but I told him that wasn't good enough and to come up with something else.He walked to Burger King and bought his lunch with the money he earned from pulling weeds at the neighbors house and he came back and gave melia a small order of fries.I was pleased with his way of paying her back and she was too.I would've been really worried if he didn't see anything wrong with what he did!

2 comments:

Nicole J. Butler said...

LOL @ "Mr. Negotiator"!

Anonymous said...

That's one of those stories that you'll look back on and crack up about. I'm laughing now.