Tuesday, March 18, 2008

HAVE YOU TRULY FORIVEN?

Have you truly forgiven?That is a question you should ask yourself.Through the trials and tribulations of life there is always that one person or people that hurt you,or did something so wrong you felt like killing them.Yes we have all been there,but how you let go is most important .Do you sit around and smolder on the inside whenever you hear that persons name?Do you cringe and try to walk in the opposite direction if you happen to see that person walking in the mall?Does it feel like vinegar being poured into wounds when someone happens to mention how good the other party is doing?


We are only human and it's natural to feel those feelings,but for how long?As a Christian I was taught from childhood to forgive so that I may be forgiven.Turn the other cheek and move on,yes it's easier said than done but it can be done.


The other day I was on one of my detective missions on the internet,I'm naturally nosy as my family and friends know and I can find info. on anybody.I was curious as to why my ex husband has not been paying child support. The ex husband who cheated on me with my so called friend that was also his brothers baby mama.The ex husband who went on to impregnate her while I was pregnant and then went on to marry her after our divorce.As I was searching,I found that their home is in foreclosure.The old me would have jumped for joy and said they deserve every bit of what they get,but I didn't do that.I said a little prayer for them and thought about the kids they have and how difficult this time must be.I know this may sound really strange after the pain they inflicted but I am only human and couldn't hold on to the anger and resentment of what happened forever.Now don't get me wrong I wouldn't go back to being friends with them but it was at that moment when I said a prayer for them that I realized I had truly forgiven.

4 comments:

Nicole J. Butler said...

I don't see any text, just a bunch of symbols. What's up with that? Please fix your bootleg computer. ;o)

Luvs ya.

--Niki

Nicole J. Butler said...

Quit lyin' you know you were happy.

Melanie said...

No honestly,I was surprised myself that I wasn't happy.It's funny that when we have a positive reaction to something we feel as if it was the wrong reaction to have.It felt a little strange when I couldn't bring myself to uncontrolable laughter,but I know I have grown into a better person instead of a bitter person

Nicole J. Butler said...

Wow, that's great. I have had a few situations like that in my own life, so I know what you mean.

You really don't forgive to free others, you forgive to free yourself.