Thursday, July 17, 2008

What is your calling?

All of us have a calling on our lives,a purpose for which we were put on this earth to fulfill.I for instance have been knowing what my calling is for quite a while.I have taken baby steps time and time again in the direction that I should travel and each time I have dropped the ball so to speak.

Why I ask myself,.I am living a truly unfulfilled life because I know where my heart and my passion is and I am not pursuing it.I had to reflect long and hard and I come to one conclusion fear.Fear of the unknown,it's something new and the emotions that come along with my calling I don't like to face and deal with.I know that my calling in life when pursued will touch many people.Sometimes the hardest thing to do is dredge up the past but it is sometimes necessary for self growth and to gain understanding.

Many of us are not fulfilling our calling because it is sometimes easier to settle for the ordinary 9-5 than to put in the mentally draining work it takes to pursue your dreams whatever they may be.I already know that I will never be fulfilled and happy until I achieve what I was put on this earth to achieve.Pursuing my dream and calling has been heavy on my mind lately.I will take an honest try at it again and pray that I stay focused and don' lose sight of the big picture.

3 comments:

Nicole J. Butler said...

That's a big realization. I'm proud of you for doing the soul searching required to come to it.

You will work harder for yourself than you will ever work for anyone else, but it is much more fulfilling.

Do your thing. I'm watching.

Melanie said...

Thanks for watching, lol, yes you are right when you say I will work harder for me than I will for anyone else because I know the specifics of what it is I have to do and no one else can do it for me(I will accept help though!)

Nicole J. Butler said...

Help will come when you most need it, but prepare to do it on your own, that way people NOT helping won't stop you.