Friday, March 7, 2008

Full time job

Being a mother is a full time job.Anyone who begs to differ either has no children or neglects the ones that they have.If you take the time to think really think you will realize the significance and influence that we have as parents.We have been entrusted with the lives of other human beings.It is our responsibility to mold and shape them to be all they can be.There was a point in time that I didn't realize the important task I had taken on but with age comes knowledge and understanding.I started having kids at 14 and of course I was oblivious to what my real responsibilities were.I didn't know at 14 that raising a child meant more than feeding and clothing them.
I learned by trial and error.Thank God I had family around during the error parts of my life.I'm grateful that my children had loving family around to help me when I was learning to be a mother.I am still on a journey and still learning daily.The emotional part of parenting is deep.I have a house full of kids and each one of them has their own emotional needs.I make my rounds and listen to each of them on a daily basis to let them know I am interested in what's going on and that their feelings are important.Now that's alot of talking and of course the younger kids Malachi and Maliq just want to talk about their WWE figures the ones they have and the ones they want!!!The rest of the kids are a little more complex but it's my job to listen and give them the advice, love and support they need.

There are days when I don't feel so giving and days when I just want to be left alone but I just take a short breather and get back in the game.They didn't ask to be here and face it ,If it's not me taking the time to talk to them and see what's on their minds the pimps,prostitutes,drug dealers and gang bangers would gladly lend a listening ear.




No comments: