Monday, March 3, 2008

Children are a blessing

I woke up this morning to the sound of my lifesaver tin being opened.I already knew who the culprit was before I turned to look.It was Maliq my curly headed little 4 year old son who rises early in the morning looking for anything my husband and I forgot to put away.I have 7 children and it's amazing how I can hear one coughing or sneezing from another room and know who it is without asking.It's also funny that I can hear their feet hitting the floor when the first get out of bed and I can tell you who just got up without seeing them.Someone stole a cup cake last night and I know who that was without even asking!The other night I helped the kids and my niece fix pizzas using English muffins,I know who it was that ate all the toppings off and threw the English muffin into the toilet!Sometimes it is the little things you have to pay attention to so that you can get the bigger picture.How well do you know your kids?If you were blind folded in a room and some one told you to listen to the sounds of different children laughing, snoring ,sneezing ,or coughing would you be able to pick your child?Would you be able to hold a child's hand while being blindfolded and tell if that child's hand belongs to one of your children?



Sometimes we all forget the little things that mean so much.Sitting watching t.v. holding hands with your child It builds an emotional bond and the child will notice the effort you are making.I sometimes sit in a chair by the bed watching t.v .while my 3 year old Malachi falls asleep.I hold his hand,pray for him and wait for him to yell AMEN when I am done,and then I continue to hold his hand until he drifts off to sleep.These are memories that don't cost you anything and will leave you smiling.

No comments: